frankie christmas wishlist – jess hope
Our marketing manager is longing for glitter, flowers and a dose of retro radness.
We have to admit, we're a wee bit jealous of our marketing manager's nearest and dearest. As you'll soon see, Jess has a knack for finding the most fabulous, retro-cool gifts (a dancing pickle! Elton John-style specs!), and we'd certainly count ourselves lucky to receive any one of them.
Clockwise from top-left:
1. It’s time to invest in a proper turntable but I’ll be damned if it isn’t colourful. Despite being fully aware the shade makes zero difference to the sound quality, I’ve spent a whole lot of time searching for something this awesome to spin my favourite tunes on.
2. Few things bring me joy quite like the symmetry and paintbox hues of a Wes Anderson-esque scene. I’ll also be investing in a new coffee table just to ensure this book is pride of place.
3. What’s gingham, snugly and embroidered with pretty flowers? Oh, only this dream quilt by Nordic textile brand Projektityyny.
4. This Ginger Taylor pickle pin is one of those things I’d buy for a friend and then struggle to part with. So I suggest buying two straight off the bat. Just look at its little pickle face!
5. The idea of being a beach person seems far more appealing in my head. That said, I immediately feel more comfortable when accompanied by a cool animal print, so I’m applying that same thinking to my dislike of hot sand. If all else fails, I’ll probably just pop this Sunday Supply Co chair in my living room.
6. Fresh flowers make everything better, and after this rollercoaster of a year, all I want is a pot of monthly blooms to remind me it’s all going to be OK.
7. I’m prone to the occasional flower fail, so I’m a big fan of vases that look lovely even when empty. And everything about this daisy design screams ‘put me on your shelf immediately’.
8. Is there anything better than falling in love with a chunky pair of loafers only to discover they’re also made of vegan leather? Huzzah, get on my feet!
9. As many spectacle-wearers will know, there comes a time when you just have to say "stuff it" and invest in a pair of glittery, Elton John-style frames. Luckily, Karen Walker has just the pair for me.
10. Somewhere on my list of New Year’s resolutions is a promise to trade my scruffy tote bags (no hard feelings, you guys) in for a grown-up bag. And where better to start than with a fancy, quilted number covered in faux pearls?