frankie magazine Assistant Editor + Digital Editor
A rare opportunity exists for someone super-talented, tuned in and suitably experienced to join the frankie team in the role of assistant editor + digital editor, working across both print and online.
The role is based in Melbourne, working alongside and supporting the editor.
The right person will have at least three years of paid work history in media, journalism and sub-editing, and will be happy to dedicate their numerous talents across the editorial production process in print and digital, creating relevant, compelling and engaging content while growing and developing frankie’s digital platforms.
In this role you will be responsible for things like:
- Assisting the editor in all aspects of producing the magazine, including
brainstorming, interviewing, researching, writing, sourcing images
- Taking ownership as section editor as assigned (eg. music)
- Content and contributor management for frankie’s digital channels, including website
and social media
- Coordinating and sending out the frankie e-newsletter
- Reporting of online stats and analysis of digital insights
- Collaborating with marketing, advertising and design teams when necessary
- Representing frankie at industry or public events
Before applying, please check that you can tick off the following:
- You have three+ years prior experience in publishing/digital media role
- You have online content management experience and a solid understanding of online
capabilities and social media
- You are an excellent communicator
- You understand frankie intrinsically
- You have an abundance of original, relevant, unique ideas
- You’ve proven to be able to find and research stories
- You have exceptional writing skills
- You have effective time management skills
- You have a solid understanding of online capabilities and social media
- You have strong sub-editing and proofreading experience
- You are able to meet deadlines
Only applicants who satisfy all of the above criteria will be considered.
To apply, you will need:
1. To download and complete the application form, found here
2. A brief CV (preferably with written references if available)
3. Samples of writing relevant to frankie (no more than 2MB please)
4. Three story ideas that are bang-on perfect for frankie
Email the application form with your CV and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put ‘frankie Assistant Editor + Digital Editor’ in the subject line.
Applications close Sunday July 29, though we will be contacting you before then if your application is a knockout.
Only Australian permanent residents will be considered for the role.