It’s not always the easiest to buy pressies for a dude in your life, but with Christmas creeping ever-closer you’d best put on your thinking caps. Perhaps this will help you on your merry gift-giving way: one of our resident frankie fellas, brand and marketing manager Brendan McKnight, has popped together his very own yuletide wishlist.
clockwise from top left
1. I'm a little obsessed with mood lighting and lamps, so anything in a Mid-century style with a bulb from Angelucci would be a real treat.
2. Yes, I'm totally biased, but I really do think a gift subscription to Smith Journal is the perfecto gift for your creative, adventurous, witty and handsome friend. A copy will be delivered to their doorstep four times over the next year, which means that they'll love you all year round.
3. A cheese platter is the bees knees, but a cheese platter on a fancy round marble thing is pretty much the best ever.
4. An homage to Melbourne’s Mid-century architecture, with a handy walking guide map and loads of weird and wonderful facts. Perfect.
5. I'm a bit in love with these interiors by local fella David Flack, so a Christmas dinner with pals at Entrecôte would be rather nice (plus the whole Parisian steak frites thing).
6. I'm headed on a New Zealand campervan adventure these holidays, and Zorbing is at the top of my to-do list. A childhood dream if you will. A Zorbing voucher would come in handy. Weeeeee!
7. They ain't cheap, but I'd very much enjoy growing old with a lovely pair of Red Wings.
8. A new year deserves a new smell, and this delicious number from Aesop fits the bill.
9. Because you can't go wrong with a good desert shrub shirt.
10. My talented pals Becc and Maddie at Studio Twocan make beautiful cement vessels and prints inspired by the Australian landscape. I would not be disappointed if I found one under the Christmas tree.
11. A handsome holdall to carry all my toiletry bits and bobs whilst on summer camping adventures. Yes please.