CREATIVE DIRECTOR FOR FRANKIE PRESS
Posted: April 17, 2014
A very rare opportunity exists for an extraordinarily special person to join the team here at frankie press as Creative Director.
An intimate understanding of the frankie press brands, especially frankie magazine, is paramount but equally as important is your innovativeness and creative brilliance.
The Creative Director role will include:
- creative direction, of course! for all aspects of the business be it the magazines, websites, apps, books, industry communications, marketing (or where in our office the new couch should go)
- magazine design and layout
- a collaborative contribution into editorial content and ideas
- brand guardianship and innovation
- guiding and overseeing creative solutions for advertising
- Conceptual thinker
- Fluency (at the highest level) in Adobe Creative Suite is a given, DPS is beneficial
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting
- Impeccable eye for detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication
We are looking for an original thinker, an ideas person with proven creative expertise across print and digital. Someone who is as passionate about print as we are!
frankie press does not need an ego-fuelled artist out to find a public arena for their own abstract ideas – it needs a creative, smart, solutions orientated person who, above all else, has an authentic affiliation with frankie magazine including everything it stands for. We are searching for a unique talent who is happy to collaborate with a great team and continue making awesome products.
We offer a lovely working environment and an attractive salary for the right person. This is a permanent full-time position and can be based in our Melbourne office.
Here’s what you need to do to apply:
1. Download and complete the application form, found here.
2. Include a brief CV – max 2 pages
3. Include an edited folio of work that specifically shows examples of editorial layout (include 1 x best logo design and, if applicable, your illustration skills)
4. Create a mood board of your own for frankie and also include one for Smith Journal if you can (please do not re-use images from the magazines)
Rest assured we will treat your application and enquiries with the due confidentiality.
Please submit applications immediately – but no later than 30 April 2014.
Applicants who have previously applied for design roles with us but feel would suit this position are encouraged to re-apply.
Updates about this role will be posted at when they become available.
ASSOCIATE EDITOR FOR SMITH JOURNAL
Posted: April 10, 2014
We’re looking for someone to join the Smith Journal team.
Efficient and pro-active, the Smith Journal Associate Editor is aware of all aspects of the day-to-day and month-to-month creation and running of Smith Journal, across all media channels. They help manage the editorial team and work with the frankie press design, digital and production teams to bring about the efficient and effective delivery of Smith Journal, and all its channels and brand extensions.
A major area of focus is the ongoing editorial development of Smith Journal digital media properties, ensuring content is relevant, timely and compelling. You’ll be expected to actively cross-promote between the website and the magazine.
We’re looking for a well-read, highly organised, independent thinker who can happily work both in a team and autonomously. Our wish list of traits includes: smart, interesting, easy going and likeable, with bonus points for funny.
This is a part-time role, ideally based in Melbourne, but we can be flexible for the right person.
If you’d like to apply, make sure you tick off the below list before hitting send.
Important: applicants who do not meet the criteria will not be considered.
- five+ years prior experience in publishing/media role
- ability to find and research great stories
- a solid network in place
- original, unique ideas for both print and digital content
- strong writing background
- strong understanding of online capabilities and social media
- highly developed sub-editing and proof-reading skills
- exceptional time management skills
- ability to think laterally
- excellent communicator
- ability to effectively lead and manage contributors
- a demonstrated ability to plan effectively, manage budgets, meet stringent deadlines and work efficiently under pressure
- able to work flexible hours to meet deadlines
- strong interpersonal skills
- self-motivated and able to work autonomously
1. Download and complete the application form found here.
2. Include a brief CV (preferably with written references)
3. Include samples of your writing relevant to Smith Journal
Please put ‘Smith Associate Editor’ in the subject line.
Please submit applications immediately, but no later than Tuesday April 22, 2014.
Applicants who have previously applied for a role with frankie press are welcome to re-apply.
Updates about this role will be posted at www.frankie.com.au/jobs when they become available.
FREELANCE DIGITAL DESIGNER – based in Melbourne
Updated: April 5, 2014
Thank you to everyone who applied. Applications are now closed.
We will be in contact with the successful candidates.