SENIOR DESIGNER - MELBOURNE
Posted: 18 July 2014
We’re looking for someone super special to join the team here at frankie press and be the designer on frankie magazine.
In this rare and newly created role to be based in Melbourne you will work under the direction of the Creative Director, but will largely lead projects and manage work autonomously working alongside editorial, marketing, sales and liaising closely with the Studio Manager and production team based in Qld.
This role would best suit someone who loves designing, is original and has a unique talent but more than that, knows frankie intimately and would enjoy working closely with the editorial team contributing cleverly to content and ideas as well.
The role includes:
- Lots of magazine design and layout - of course!
- At least 4 years industry experience
- A collaborative contribution into editorial planning, content and ideas
- Design of digital media (eg. e-newsletter, websites, Apps)
- Input into creative solutions for advertising clients (campaigns & concepts)
- Design of internal communications (eg. marketing, media kits, POS) and constructive input into the desired outcome of such
- Briefing and managing talent (photographers, copy writers etc)
Traits you’ll need:
- An impeccable eye for detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resourceful and creative troubleshooting
- Fluency (at the highest level) in Adobe Creative Suite is a given, DPS is beneficial
- To be an original thinker
…and most importantly be a nice, down to earth and fun person to work alongside
We offer a lovely working environment with a great team. This is a permanent full-time position starting ASAP – if possible.
1. Download and complete the application form, found HERE
2. Include a brief CV – max 2 pages
3. Include an edited folio of work that specifically shows examples of page layout (include best logo design and, if applicable, your illustration skills)
4. Create a mood board of your own for frankie and also include one for Smith Journal if you can (please do not re-use images from the magazines)
Please submit applications immediately.
Rest assured we will treat your application and enquiries with the due confidentiality.
Applicants who have previously applied for design roles with us but feel would suit this position are encouraged to re-apply. Updates about this will be posted at www.frankie.com.au/jobs (or Smith URL on frankie site) when they become available.
EDITOR FOR SMITH JOURNAL
Posted: June 2014
frankie press, the successful publisher of Smith Journal seeks an Editor to head-up this ground-breaking title across both print and digital platforms. This is a unique and rare opportunity for someone to combine their passions with their profession.
We’re after someone who loves print and story telling and equally, has a strong affinity with the magazine and all it represents.
We’re looking for a well-read, worldly, highly organised and independent creative thinker. Our wish list of traits includes: smart, interesting and easy going, with special bonus points for funny. Being a maestro when it comes to the written word goes without saying.
This is a permanent full-time position, ideally based in Melbourne, however, we can be flexible with this for the right person.
The prerequisites are:
- Five+ years prior experience in publishing role
- Excellent communicator
- An abundance of original, unique ideas just waiting for an outlet
- Proven ability to find and research great stories
- Exceptional writing skills with a strong writing background
- An innate ability to make a good idea – great
- Exceptional time management skills
- A demonstrated ability to plan effectively, manage budgets, meet deadlines and work efficiently
- Hands-on experience in magazine production (preferred)
- Solid understanding of online capabilities and social media
- Highly developed sub-editing and proof-reading skills
- A solid network in place
- Able to lead, mentor and develop team members and manage contributors
- Strong interpersonal skills – you have left a job before and they all still miss you (including the ad team)!
Only applicants who satisfy all of the above criteria can be considered. Doesn’t sound like you, but know someone who’d be perfect? Shoot the link to them.
1. Download and complete the application form found HERE
2. Include a brief CV (preferably with written references)
3. Include samples of your writing relevant to Smith Journal
Please submit applications immediately.
Please note, anyone who would like to be considered for this role and had been in contact prior to December 2013 are invited to re-submit an application. More recent applicants are not required to re-apply. Updates about this will be posted at www.frankie.com.au/jobs when they become available.