Assistant Editor Sophie Kalagas (or ‘ass ed soph kal’ for short) is frankie’s resident pop culture weirdo and person most likely to dress like a toddler. If you share either of these traits (or know someone who does), have a gander at her dandy Christmas wish list – it’s full of cute oddness, just like the lady herself.
clockwise from top left
1. I’ve had two necklaces on daily rotation for a few solid years now, but I’m ready to open up and let in someone new. Anna Varendorff makes some pretty beautiful pieces, and right now this is sitting top of the list.
2. This David Shrigley x Third Drawer Down tea towel probably won’t make it into the kitchen. It’s going straight to the pool room instead (or my bedroom wall, as it were).
3. It’s that time of year when I realise all my warm weather shoes are sitting in my wardrobe in tatters. These slides from Kuwaii are a good-looking replacement that will last for many summers to come.
4. All those new accessories Santa’s dropping down the chimney will require a storage solution just as pretty as they are. Luckily Stampel has me sorted with these jewellery hangers that double as snazzy works of art.
5. Enamel pins are having a serious moment in the sun, and to be honest, my collars are almost at badge-sporting capacity. I am, however, willing to do a bit of rearranging to squeeze in the one and only Dana Scully’s mug.
6. I challenge you to find a more versatile item of clothing than a pinafore. Can’t do it? Didn’t think so. This adjustable version from Lazy Oaf is sweet, good-humoured and cute, to boot.
7. Can we all agree there’s no such thing as too many knick-knacks and get back to wielding our feather dusters on every surface in the house? Studio Arhoj may as well be the official sponsors of my interior décor, and I’d love to add this mountainous sculpture to the collection.
8. Clashing colours, floaty cotton and ’70s-inspired details make this Flic en Flac shirt from Obus a perfect summer staple.
9. An important little reminder to keep on trucking, ready to be dangled above my desk.
10. All hail Larry David, forever and ever amen. This Georgia Perry keyring will remind me on the reg that things are pretty, pretty… pretty good.
11. These sneaker soles are charged by USB and light up with seven different colours. Santa, you know what to do.
See what else the frankie team are hankering for this Christmas:
Editor Jo Walker
Brand and Marketing Manager Brendan McKnight
Marketing Co-ordinator Irina Rybakov